We only use fresh grown timber from the Forestry Commission sustainable forests.
This policy ensures that false or illegal harvesting is prevented when we source the timber for you, the customer. In addition we will only buy timber from certified sources also. Our wood comes from sustainable forests, and this is helping to preserve the equilibrium for our environment.
The Management of T G Norman recognises our responsibility to manage the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
We have assessed our activities and identified that our significant environmental aspects/impacts include the use of raw materials, packaging, plastic bags and consumption of energy.
In order to promote good environmental practices, our Policy with regard to the environment is as follows: –
1. To use packaging made from recycled materials where possible.
2. To develop suitable objectives, targets and continually monitor operational procedures to minimise our significant environmental impacts during normal, abnormal and emerge, conditions.
3. To comply with relevant legislation, regulations and other requirements relating to our significant environmental impacts.
4. To purchase stock that is from reputable Forest Stewardship Council®, (FSC ®) sources or those certified by the Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
T. G. Norman Ltd:
FSC® Certificate Code CU-COC-808277 License Code FSC-C001827
Look for FSC Certified Products.
5. To minimise our use of resources, energy and production of waste, endeavouring to reduce, re-use, recover or recycle materials where practicable.
6. To source locally produced stock and suppliers where possible.
7. To ensure that environmental responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood at all levels within our organisation and provide appropriate training where needed.
8. To communicate, co-operate and respond to the views of interested parties, including stakeholders, customers and the general public, on environmental issues, where this is practicable and likely to result in an overall improved environmental performance.
9. To strive for continual improvement in overall environmental performance.